More Partnership Educational Resources
For teachers and students, school administrators, teacher development program directors and facilitators, university professors, parents and families, homeschoolers, community service providers, and policy makers.
Partnership education empowers young people to make thoughtful choices by offering them alternative experiences, environments, and narratives. Partnership education offers an integrative approach that puts the joy back into education for teachers and students. Based on the ideas outlined by Riane Eisler in Tomorrow's Children, partnership education helps students achieve their highest potentials both academically and personally. To educators and parents working to transform educational systems worldwide, we offer the following resources on partnership education.
To purchase any of these books, CLICK HERE
- Tomorrow's Children: A Blueprint for Partnership Education in the 21st Century, by Riane Eisler
- Tomorrow's Children Video or Tomorrow's Children DVD on Partnership Education by the award-winning videographer Sut Jhally featuring Riane Eisler and students and teachers from schools using Partnership Education.
- Partnership Education in Action: Companion to Tomorrow's Children, edited by Dee Buccarelli and Sarah Pirtle
- Educating for a Culture of Peace, edited by Riane Eisler and Ron Miller
Check out these great savings on Book Sets!
- Mind in the Making: The Seven Essential Life Skills Every Child Needs by Ellen Galinsky (Harper, 2010)
- A Day in the Life of a Partnership School
by Karen Davis-Brown
- Partnership Education in the 21st Century
Article published in Encounter Magazine 2002
- Reclaiming Our Humanity: Partnership Education
by Riane Eisler
- Partnership Education For The 21st Century
by Riane Eisler, Adapted from Tomorrow's Children
- Synopsis of Eisler's Tomorrow's Children written by Ron Miller, founding editor of Holistic Education Review and Paths of Learning.
- A Successful Partnership High School: Report by Dr. Lisa S. Johnson
- 2005 Symposium: Partnership Education and Montessori Education
- Education for the 21st Century
Riane Eisler Keynote to 2004 HomeSchool Association of California
- Encounter: Education for Meaning and Social Justice -- Encounter, an independent quarterly journal that views education from a holistic perspective and focuses on helping students develop a sense of personal meaning and social justice, explores Partnership Education and Nonviolent Communication in the Autumn 2002 issue.
Mind in the Making: The Seven Essential Life Skills Every Child Needs by Ellen Galinsky (Harper, 2010) shares the results of interviewing and filming more than 85 eminent child development researchers and neuroscientists in their labs. Here is one example of the more than 50 videos created — the Marshmallow Test conducted by Dr. Walter Mischel of Columbia University and his colleagues tests for focus and control.
Early Learning: Science for Policy Makers podcast featuring Alison Gopnik, Ph.D., Professor of Developmental Psychology, UC Berkeley, and Bruce Fuller, Ph.D., Professor of Education, UC Berkeley, February 26, 2010. Lifting early school achievement depends on the quality of early learning environments—but what do we know about these environments that most effectively stimulate young children’s growth? How can we enrich children’s daily activities? Leading scientists discuss key findings on quality, including play, close interactions with caregivers, and exploration—all which have been shown to have lasting effects on children’s development.
High Schools & Colleges
The Nova School, a public charter high school in Seattle Washington, is a partnership educational development public school site. They have strengthened the partnership elements in their school and developed new curriculum materials that can be used by other schools.
Partnership education is also being used in universities and other organizations. At the California Institute of Integral Studies, you can earn an online MA in Transformative Leadership with a Partnership focus and study with Riane Eisler. CIIS also offers an online PhD in Transformative Studies.