Ideas for meaningful gifts and information on Alliance for a Caring Economy (ACE)
This is a time of year when many of us are looking for meaningful gifts. When I ask one of my colleagues at CPS what present would make her happy, she always says she would like a more just, less violent, more caring world. As you know, that's just what we're working on at CPS through our Caring Economics Campaign (CEC) and our Stop Violence Campaign (SAIV).
Many of you have supported this work by donating to CPS in response to my email last month -- and I want to tell you how much this means to me personally. If you have not yet done so, you still have time to make a year-end contribution - which you could make as a gift to a friend or family member via a donation in their name. I promise your donation, no matter what its size, will make a big difference. We accomplish amazing things with a minimal budget and an exceptionally productive team dedicated to laying foundations for a world where every child can realize her or his potential.
For instance, this year women and men from 12 nations (on all continents) took our Caring Economics and Empowering Women online leadership training programs, and are now reaching thousands of others. Here are just a few comments:
* "...great course!" - Caroline, Canada
* "...a perfect training program." - Micki, Reading, PA
* "...absolutely recommend this program and already have." - Maura, Portland, OR
* "I am so grateful." - Jeanette, New Zealand
* "The people I connected with in this program were amazing!" - Bernice, Ireland
* "...gives me hope that we can reach across the oceans and take the hands of others in need, to extend our caring beyond borders." - Eve, France
We're working hard on Social Wealth economic indicators with the Urban Institute and the State of the USA to show the enormous return from investing in the real wealth of our nation and our world: people and nature - and will hold a major event on this in Washington DC in 2012.
Our Alliance for a Caring Economy (ACE) just launched. ACE is a major coalition of children's advocates, think tanks, women's organizations, socially responsible businesses, environmental organizations, faith based networks, and others, starting with those representing 30 million people that endorsed the report that CPS commissioned last summer from the Urban Institute, The State of Society: Measuring Economic Success and Human Well-Being.
All this groundbreaking work is only possible because of foundation funding and donations from individuals like you!
Here are some more gift ideas:
* Give The Chalice and The Blade -- just out in Kindle and NOOK with a brand new epilogue.
* Make a scholarship gift for our Online Leadership Training Certification Program.
* Give yourself or a loved one the gift of this fabulous online leadership program. Click here for the 2012 schedule.
* Gift one of my books, audios, or videos, such as:
The Real Wealth of Nations -- hailed by Nobel Peace Laureate Archbishop Desmond Tutu as "a template for the better world we have been so urgently seeking."
The Chalice and The Blade -- hailed by Ashley Montagu as "the most important book since Darwin's Origin of Species" and by Isabel Allende as "one of those magnificent key books that can transform us."
The Power of Partnership -- hailed by Christiane Northrup, M.D., as " a brilliantly accessible plan for transforming ourselves and our world."
I also recommend 3,000 Years of Love: The Life of Riane Eisler and David Loye -- the story of our 30+ years of adventures together -- by my partner, the social psychologist David Loye.
- For the children in your life, I recommend:The Warmest Place by Licia Rando -- beautifully written and illustrated, conveying the most important message of all: what matters most is love.
- For pre-teen girls, a subscription to New Moon magazine -- I have been giving it for years, and the girls (and parents) love it.
- For parents, you can download -- for free -- our acclaimed Caring and Connected Parenting Guide (also by Licia Rando) -- endorsed by Dr. Brazelton, Dr. Siegel, as well as two Nobel peace laureates.
- For teachers, here are some more ideas: The award-winning Tomorrow's Children: A Blueprint for Partnership Education for the 21st Century(the book or DVD).
These are all gifts that not only give reading, listening, or viewing pleasure but will also further our common wish to build a better future for ourselves, our children, and generations to come.
Please join me in working for a better future for us all. Again thank you for your support. Our CEC director, Kim Otis, and the other members of our CPS team join me in wishing you a wonderful holiday season!
Center for Partnership Studies